Meet india's Leading Overseas Educational CompanyMonogram
Connect With Us :
International Student Admission Requirements for Germany

Recognition of Certificates

One needs to have a Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (School Leaving Certificate) in order to get an admission in a German University. In Germany, this is also called the Abitur.

Once the student enters the country where he/she received their school leaving certificate in the DAAD online admission database, then the database will inform them whether their certificates eligible for direct university admission or is eligible only for subject-restricted study (i.e. only for admission to a certain range of subjects).

The DAAD online admission database only provides a general overview. The anabin website database can give detailed information with a more extensive list of countries and school-leaving certificates.

If one’s school-leaving certificate is not sufficient for university admission, then they will have to take a qualification assessment examination in Germany, called a Feststellungsprüfung.

A foundation course called Studienkolleg prepares for this examination. Foundation courses are special programmes which includes module with a focus on certain subject areas offered at universities and universities of applied sciences.

To participate in a foundation course, students must have some basic German language skills.

Usually, it takes two semesters to complete Subject-specific foundation courses. Students who progressed with above-average achievement may be allowed to take the qualification assessment examination after only one semester. 32 hours of instruction per week will be provided by the Foundation courses.

Almost all Universities offer this preparatory instruction for free of cost.

Quick Enquiry